Mar 29, 2009

Love or Hate..Forgive or Forget...

I've made an observation recently based solely on my own feelings and I need to take it further. It's widely recognized cliche that theres a fine line between love and hate,but love and hate are more related then one would lead to believe.

I truly believe that it's very difficult if not impossible for a rational person truly to hate another human being, I think you can dislike someone a great deal, even if you don't really know him/her, but I think that hate is a very unique emotion that goes with love. Here's how i figure it:
I've only experienced what I believe is true hate a few times in my life. It's usually brief because I find a reason to dismiss it, but I think that true hatred comes when most easily and most frequently when someone you truly love has hurt you. I thing it stems from the deep trust that we out in these people and it's the betrayal of that trust that breeds hatred.
I also know that a lot of people view hatred with anger. That's not the case with me, I don't think it has to be. I think that hatred in itself as a deep sadness the void that appears when the trust is gone. It's almost a burning feeling, which makes sense why people are quick to assume anger. But I think sadness, like anger has many degrees and the two are not the same. Maybe its the combination of the two that give hate the unique feeling.
The most interesting part of this whole thing is that it's only now, after realizing the deep hate I feel for certain people right now that I'm seeing just how much they really do mean to me. It's easy to say forgive and forget, but to what extent can we truly do this once the hate has set in?

1 comment:

  1. Well said Krissy. We may dislike someone, but it's very hard to hate them.

    ReplyDelete